Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise, Meridian and Nampa is seeking an MA to join our Occupational Health Team.
The Urology clinic is looking for an MA with strong organizational skills and the ability to work as a team to provide care to adult Urologic patients. Responsibilities would include taking vitals, rooming patients, stocking supplies, collecting urine samples for testing, nurse visits under the direction of the provider, and cleaning instruments. Some procedures requiring assistance by the MA would include cystoscopies, prostate biopsies, Botox injections, vasectomies, and urodynamic procedures. In addition, the MA would administer injections, provide catheter changes, and participate in patient teaching. This is a very rewarding position for someone wanting to learn more about the treatment of the urinary system and enjoys hands-on role, assisting with procedures.
The MA is responsible for assisting licensed providers with patient care, charting within the patient's EMR and has working knowledge and skills developed through formal training. The MA works within established policies and procedures.ScheduleFull time, WeekdaysOption for four 10-hour shifts or five 8-hour shiftsLocation* Meridian Urology clinic* Caldwell/Nampa Urology clinic
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Sterilizes, cleans, and performs checks on medical equipment.
- Prepares patients for examination.
- Provides technical, clinical, and clerical support to licensed independent provider.
- Performs medical procedures within scope of roles and responsibilities.
- Processes prescription medication for refill under the supervision of a licensed independent provider.
- Assists licensed independent provider in patient exams and office procedures.
- Prepares basic laboratory tests on premises and prepares laboratory specimens.
- Enters diagnostic or medication orders under the direction of a licensed independent provider.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: 0 years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current recognized National Certification as a Medical Assistant and American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.