Please Note: Microsoft has ended support of its older browsers as of January 2016. If you are seeing this message,
you are viewing the site on an unsupported version of Internet Explorer (IE9 or older). To properly view this website, please upgrade your version of IE
or access this site using a different browser. Thank you.
A non-exempt medical office position responsible for coordinating and managing all functions of surgeries and coordinating post-surgery care.
1. Assist with triage of the surgical candidates when needed.
2. Work with hospitals to obtain information as required for surgery scheduling.
3. Educate patients about planned surgery.
4. Obtain insurance authorizations as required by individual plans.
5. Obtain all necessary paperwork and ensure it is completed in a timely manner.
6. Work in concert with surgeons to obtain medical clearances and preoperative testing as required by hospital protocol.
7. Elicit assistance from manager and surgeons when issues of assessment and/or decision points present that are outside scope of practice
8. Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed
Education: High school diploma/GED required with completion of Medical Assisting Program strongly preferred.
Certification: Prefer certification in at least one of the following: Medical Assisting or other related healthcare management/administration certification.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working in a physician office; at least some previous surgery scheduling experience strongly preferred.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Medical Group
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.